UndefinedArtUndefinedArt

Main News Art Reviews Stats 11 Fans

Pico's Unwrapping! Pico's Unwrapping!

Seriously? Rape jokes?

It started off being a somewhat dumb and immature attempt at humour until the ending glorified rape and kidnapping. There is nothing remotely funny about that.

Captain Planet Rampage Captain Planet Rampage

Was that an Andrew Bolt reference?

Thing happens - Blame Left.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

not bolt specifically, but that kind of fearmongering loon, yes.

Objectionable Apparatus 3 Objectionable Apparatus 3

Wow.

Funny how the first truly artistically experimental Flash animation in ages to appear on this site gets such low user reviews.

I, for one, adored the concepts and visual metaphors employed in this video. The subject matter reminded me somewhat of surrealism, but also hints at modernism, formalism and abstract expressionism with its use of simplistic recurring images and motifs. An interesting portrayal of cycles within this film, evocative and thought-provoking. The sound worked with the movie brilliantly, bringing to mind experimental 20th century works of Cage and, for me, Penderecki. Gruesome matter and sound design contributed to create a distinctly disconcerting feel, expressing some level of inner turmoil reminiscent of the works of Munch and other post-Impressionist artists.

All in all, very nicely executed.

Twilight: The Broodening Twilight: The Broodening

Very nice parody

Haha, a very very nice parody, kept me entertained the whole way through. The 'you don't know anything' gag got kind of old near the end, but was still amusing. Good voice acting, although I'm going to have to take some points off because the whole thing was made of still images from the movie; a good effect, but it scores low in the Flash department.

There She Is!! final step There She Is!! final step

Marvelous

Once again, we are blessed with incredible visuals. However, I must admit that I was hoping for something a little more dramatic; as feel-good as the ending was, maybe a little more of the emotional angst shown in the fourth would have made it even better. Still, a fantastic ending to a fantastic series.

Shoo Fly Shoo Fly

Nice, as always

As always, John, you've given us a visual masterpiece perfectly fitted to the music and spliced with your own style of humour. Brilliant.

Awesome's Creed Awesome's Creed

Nice

Really lives up to Ego's legacy.

tWHYlight tWHYlight

Very nice parody

Witty dialog, good quality animation, and nice voice acting. There were no laugh-out-loud moments though, I'm afraid, but overall very good.

And while I haven't watched the movie, I forced myself to read the book (only so that I could confidently say that Twilight is terrible without fangirls whining about how I only say that because I haven't read it yet). The characters are shallow, the story is wafer thin, and the writing is just plain eck. I don't intend to watch the movie.

Bobert-Rob responds:

Good, it's always a good idea to do your homework before committing to watching anything. I didn't, and look where I ended up. Don't be a Rob!
And on a completely different note, wafers aren't good when turned into stories, but they tend to taste good. That's my 2 cents right there.

Gears of Awesome Gears of Awesome

Dear Ego

Look, Ego, while I am a huge fan of your work, I am inclined, as a fair reviewer, to critisize. The whole concept of this video is just sublimely stupid; there's no subtle humour or good jokes, it was just a bunch of stupid blokes doing stupid things. And while I see that you are parodying the fact that most of Gears involves stupid blokes doing stupid things with chainsaws, the original concept was funny mostly to a more maturity-lacking audience, let alone an exaggerated version. So, while I commend your skill in animation, and respect your talent (because we all know you have it), I'm afraid this particular Awesome just doesn't cut it for me, and I'll have to settle for a 6.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful